Crosswinds Restaurant & Bar
280 SE Catawba Rd.
Port Clinton, OH 43452
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
Going Green Commitments
- When designing Crosswinds Restaurant & Bar, the partners desired to build an operation that was fully functional yet environmentally friendly and energy efficient.
- They accomplished this through a variety of means:
- -The entire building is insulated with Icynene spray-foam insulation, which is the best type of insulation on the market today. The exterior walls are constructed with 2x6 lumber and filled with Icynene. They often have to draw outside air into the building in the middle of winter because the structure retains their guests' body heat so well.
- -The HVAC system utilizes economizers which, depending out the outside temperature, draws outside air in rather than using energy to condition the inside air.
- -Extremely efficient three-phase electrical components were used wherever possible.
- -The restrooms' lights and exhaust fans are operated by motion and sound detectors. This shuts them down when the restrooms are not in use, preserving not only electricity but also keeping conditioned air from being drawn from the building unnecessarily.
- -The restrooms' hot water is provided through a demand water heater, which only heats water when the hot faucets are opened.
- -High quality, wood frame windows were used throughout the building, rather than the typical aluminum-framed windows that you see in many commercial operations. This minimizes heat/cold transfer between inside and outside.
- -During evening hours, heat that is produced by refrigeration equipment in the kitchen is channeled into the dining room rather than rising up through the hood system.
- -All kitchen water is filtered through a 4,200-gallon grease interceptor, keeping cooking oils from entering the sanitary system. All cooking oil is then recycled by a company that removes it from the facility.
Hours of OperationMonday-Thursday 4:30-9:00
Crosswinds Restaurant & Bar is a family friendly destination with a traditional American menu that features Lake Erie Perch and Walleye, Choice Cut Steaks, Huge 100% Angus Burgers, Specialty Salads, Pasta Dishes, and the locally famous Cameo Pizza. Our vibrant yet casual atmosphere provides plenty of full-service seating for families, sports fans, and couples alike. Why the name "Crosswinds"? The term "crosswinds" is an aeronautical and nautical term that refers to any wind that is blowing perpendicular to the line of travel. Our goal is to provide high quality products in a family atmosphere that is unique, or perpendicular, to everyday big-chain restaurants. Crosswinds is also a reference to our unique location at the east end of runway 9-27 in Port Clinton and our general proximity to Lake Erie. We are open year-round, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you soon!