314 W. Market Street
Sandusky, OH 44870
Text the word: SANDUSKYR To: 72727
Hours of OperationAlways Open
The nameplate Sandusky Register first appeared in 1869. A charter member of the Western Associated Press, parent of the present Associated Press, the Register was one of the first newspapers able to supply, through radio dispatch, instant news. In 1929, the Sandusky Register purchased the Democratic-affiliated paper the Sandusky Star-Journal and moved to its present location at Jackson and Market Streets. Both the Register and the Star-Journal continued publication under the corporate name of Sandusky Newspapers Inc. In 1941, the company acquired the rival Sandusky News, and the name on all editions was changed to the Register Star-News. The paper resumed its original name Sandusky Register in 1958.
The Sandusky Register is a daily newspaper serving Sandusky, Ohio, as well as nearby Port Clinton and the Lake Erie Islands (collectively known regionally as Vacationland). It is considered the paper of record for the entire region.
We provide award-winning news, sports, entertainment, and community coverage for Erie, Huron, Ottawa and Sandusky counties in northern Ohio.