3717 Venice Road
Sandusky, OH 44870
Contact via Email
Text the word: TOFTDAIRY To: 72727
Visit our Website
Hours of Operation8am - 9pm Daily
From a small family dairy farm in the early 1900’s to a state of the art 76,000 square foot facility on Venice Road, the legacy of Toft Dairy is a story of a commitment to quality and forward-thinking principles. It all started back in the year 1900 when Chris and Matilda Toft began selling raw milk by a horse-drawn wagon to the citizens of Sandusky, Ohio. With the purchase of Oswald Dairy in 1935, the Toft Dairy reputation spread throughout the region. This led to the adoption of wholesale and retail routes which provided the foundation for business growth which was vital to get Tofts to where it is today.
Though business was growing, the original facilities were becoming too cumbersome and slowed development, so in 1940 Toft Dairy moved facilities to a much larger location on Adam Street in Sandusky. This brought the capacity for a larger delivery fleet (3 additional vehicles were added) and the addition of a line of high-quality ice cream products, which in turn included adding a retail store complete with an old-time soda fountain.